UK Life Science Consulting Firm Alacrita to launch US HQ in Cambridge, MA
|June 6, 2012||Posted by Anharris under Cool Companies, Health, Innovation, Life Science|
Met the other day with Rob Johnson, who will soon be launching UK-based Alacrita, a global life science consulting firm, to Cambridge, MA.
Johnson co-founded the company two years ago with Anthony Walker, who had previously served as Executive Director of Global External R&D Europe at Eli Lilly. Johnson had led business development at Onyvax, a biotech company that developed biopharmaceuticals to combat cancer.
Drawing on the capabilities of more than 50 consultants worldwide, Alacrita provides strategic, operational, technical advice or hands-on project management to organizations of all sizes in the pharma, biotechnology and life science industries, Johnson said.
The company name is based the Latin, “alacritas,” or “lively.”It is meant to convey “a cheerful readiness.”
Clients may be academic institutes, tech transfer experts, life science investors, startups or established companies in need of expertise in business development and marketing, intellectual property, product development, and regulatory affairs, according to Johnson.
Whitepapers available for free on Alacrita’s Web site include:
- Biotech in Israel: A Land of Promise » May 2012 – by Anthony Walker, PhD
- FDA Approvals Provide Reason For Cheer » March 2012 – by Robert Johnson
- Deal Watch Annual Review 2011 » January 2012
- Viewpoint: Pharma Industry Myths » January 2012 – by Anthony Walker, PhD
- Europe’s stellar decade of prostate cancer innovation » September 2011 – by Rob Johnson
- Are we all biotech now? » June 2011 – by Anthony Walker and Rob Johnson
- China: Opportunities for biotech firms » March 2011 – by Rob Johnson and Li Zeng
- Re-Profiling: a Hidden Threat to Originators? » February 2011 – by Dr Jo Davies
- Deal Watch Annual Review 2010 » January 2011 – by Roger Davies and Jill Ogden
- Mitigating Out-sourcing Risk » December 2010 – by Robert Johnson and Anthony Walker
- Deal Watch: a Review of Notable Deals » October 2010 – by Sharon Finch
Alacrita’s US offices will be located in the Cambridge Innovation Center in Kendall Square, Johnson said.
–Anita M. Harris
Anita Harris is president of the Harris Communications Group, a strategic PR & marketing communications firm located in Cambridge, MA.